I’m a freelance editor, writer, and publishing consultant with an M.S. in Publishing and Digital Media from New York University. You may know me as the Partnership Liaison for the Bibliocrunch relaunch.
Past and current freelance experience:
– Writing coach who helped a journalism grad student revise essays to submit for admission to a Journalism MA program
– Writer of test prep materials and reading comprehension passages with associated assessment questions for Prestige Prep
– Freelancer in QA and Editorial and Digital Design at McGraw-Hill Education
– Content creation, website administration, marketing for a published nonfiction book and forthcoming follow-up
– Copy editing, proofreading, writing/blogging, editing legal contracts, annotating medical research reports, and technical material for professional newsletters
– Creating ebook marketing/business plans and mapping out blog tours for fiction authors
– Inputting edits on backend CMS, maintaining all pieces of daily Win Today giveaways at Rodale (talking to vendors, clearing and tracking affidavits, notifying PR agencies about featured products, contacting winners, Tweeting daily about giveaways)
– Evaluating queries and manuscripts, writing reader’s reports and rejection letters
– Line editing a book on PR published by John Wiley & Sons
– Copy edit of The Time Seekers by D.A. Squires
– Contributing writer for the Communication World e-bulletin published by the International Association of Business Communicators
Assistant Editor at Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley. Successfully tracked, edited, performed photo research and fact-checked 81 children’s books as part of a science and literacy elementary education program. Wrote a book on chemistry called Communicating Chemistry, c.2010
Certificate in Editing, UC Berkeley Extension. I have worked with AP style, The Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, and house style, in print and online, on e-newsletters to children’s books to novels and ebooks.
Line edits and first pass copy editing of Unleashing the Power of PR: A Contrarian's Guide to Marketing and Communication, 2006, Wiley/Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
Six-day editing turnaround for a 56,000 word book by Micael Dahlén, 2014, Volante Publishers, Sweden.
A thorough copy edit of a 560,000 word YA adventure story that has since won Indie Awards in Design!