I’m a freelance editor, writer, and publishing consultant with an M.S. in Publishing and Digital Media from New York University. You may know me as the Partnership Liaison for the Bibliocrunch relaunch.
Past and current freelance experience:
– Freelancer in Editorial and Digital Design at McGraw-Hill Education
– Content creation, website administration, marketing for a published nonfiction book and forthcoming follow-up
– Copy editing, proofreading, writing/blogging, editing legal contracts, annotating medical research reports
– Creating ebook marketing/business plans and mapping out blog tours for fiction authors
– Inputting edits on backend CMS, maintaining all pieces of daily Win Today giveaways at Rodale (talking to vendors, clearing and tracking affidavits, notifying PR agencies about featured products, contacting winners, Tweeting daily about giveaways)
– Evaluating queries and manuscripts, writing reader’s reports and rejection letters
– Line editing a book on PR published by John Wiley & Sons
– Contributing writer for the Communication World e-bulletin (Google will pull up some of the research I did for the columns I wrote.)
Assistant Editor at Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley. Successfully tracked, edited, performed photo research and fact-checked 81 children’s books as part of a science and literacy elementary education program. Wrote a book on chemistry called Communicating Chemistry, c.2010
Certificate in Editing, UC Berkeley Extension. I have worked with AP style, The Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, and house style, in print and online, on e-newsletters to children’s books to novels and ebooks.
Specialties: copy editing, proofreading, writing, digital media, social media marketing. Follow me on Twitter or Facebook while I build my website : )