This is a question we are often asked at BiblioCrunch, “How do I get my eBook on Barnes & Noble?” Well here is your answer
To submit your book to B&N (for the Nook) here are a few steps.
- Make sure your eBook is ready to be published and distributed to the public.
– Do you have a GOOD cover? -Remember your cover should look professional AND should be catching in thumbnail view as well as full view. After all readers will first see your book in the B&N store with only a thumbnail size cover image.
– Has your book been through copy edits? This is important and worth the money, if your book has many errors you will not sell. It is as simple as that.
– Do you have an ISBN number? You will need this. Visit isbn.org to apply.
-Is your book formatted properly for Nook? This is another very important step, if you are unsure of how to format your book consider hiring a format expert.
- Sign up for PubIt! (Barnes & Noble’s publishing platform, similar to Amazon’s DTP) and upload your book and cover art.
- To start selling on PubIt you need a social security number or a tax ID number and a bank account information (so you can get paid).
- Enter your book information.
-Remember to make a thoughtful description, this is where you sell your book!
-Make sure everything is exactly as you want it – typos in the description will likely be a deterrent to consumers.
-Remember the importance of keywords and categories.
- Sell your book!
For questions check out PubIt! Support
Kate Tilton is the marketing associate for BiblioCrunch, an author assistant, and a book blogger.
You can connect with her on her website, Twitter, or BiblioCrunch.
About Kate Tilton
Kate Tilton has been serving authors since 2010. Founder of Kate Tilton’s Author Services, LLC, Kate works as an author assistant, social media manager, and speaker with the mission of connecting authors and readers. Kate is the creator and host of #K8chat (Thursdays at 9pm Eastern on Twitter) and has appeared on popular media such as Publishers Weekly and Library Journal. You can find Kate on katetilton.com.