Published in Publishing Tips • No comments
An easy way to preview your eBook files on your iPad is by using email. Yup, you got it, email. A lot of authors I’ve worked with don’t know about checking their files through email and I’ve been finding myself sending the same email every week with instructions, so I just decided to do a blog post about it.
Using our little tutorial below you will be able to preview your ebook files on your iPad, iPhone, iTouch for iBooks using your email account.
How to preview your ebook files in an EPUB format on your iPad, iPhone, iTouch for iBooks
1. First and foremost make sure you have the iBooks app installed on your iPad: [Download the app]
2. Take the eBook file that you have converted and email it the email address associated with your iPad.
3. Open the email with the attached file.
4. Tap on the attachment and then you will see the iBooks logo.
5. You will then see the option to open the file in iBooks. Select iBooks or any app to preview your book.
6. Voila! The book is now readable on your bookshelf.
Lover of books. CEO & founder of Bibliocrunch. Love storytelling in all its forms. Formerly TIME. I'm a new media entrepreneur who has worked in the media industry for 11 years. My mission is simple – to innovate the publishing industry with technology. My company has been featured in BBC World News, Money Magazine, Bloomberg, Consumer Reports, Forbes, WSJ, MediaBistro, PBS, Columbia Journalism Review, The Next Web, Publishers Weekly, and a bunch of other places. Bibliocrunch was also selected as The Next Big Thing in media by the Paley Center. I also used to run a popular South Asian culture blog called Divanee. Before I ran my own company and became a mom, I used to be on the board for several literacy organizations, and wrote a LOT more. Hopefully, when things are calmer I can go back to that! :)